What marijuana/cannabis businesses can you start in Washington D.C.?
Washington D.C. licensed a very limited number of dispensaries and cultivation centers in 2013/2014. There is no system presently in place to permit the issuance of additional licenses.
What can I do right now?
To get ahead and be prepared for when the state will start licensing marijuana businesses, you should:
- Read through the regulations and determine what business type you'd like to have.
- Get our free starter package to give you a general overview of what to expect when Arkansas starts licensing marijuana businesses.
- If you'll be seeking financing and investors or partners, you'll need a business plan to present to them. See our Marijuana Business Plans for Washington DC page for details and get a business plan to fit your needs.
- If you're serious and want to determine what moves you can be making right now to get a leg up on the competition for licenses - get one of our marijuana business consultation packages and let our expert Associates review your situation and instruct on the intelligent moves you could be making now to increase your chances of winning licenses.
How To Open a Medical Marijuana Dispensary in Washington DC
The state allows potential business owners to open a medical marijuana dispensary in Washington DC. Whether this is possible or not will hinge entirely on the city and/or county of choice, as the state allows the local municipalities to ban or place moratoriums on whether to license marijuana retailers for operation or not.
- Setup your Marijuana Business Corporate Structure.
- Create your Marijuana Dispensary Business Plan.
- Determine your potential location(s) and investigate whether licensing is possible in the prospective cities or counties.
Acquire the necessary licenses to operate your retail store and be completely legal and compliant.
- Install the operational infrastructure to be in accordance with all regulations and then open your doors for business.
- Contract with cultivators and/or edible/extraction/infused products manufacturers to grow and produce marijuana products for you, if you don't want to do it yourself.
How To Grow/Cultivate Marijuana Legally in Washington DC
Same as Dispensary steps, the only difference is that you will be contracting with dispensaries, delivery services and/or edible/extraction/infused products manufacturers to grow marijuana for them.
The latest marijuana industry news, laws, & frequently asked questions for Washington D.C.