What marijuana/cannabis businesses can you start in Hawaii?
Under the regulations, enacted as of July 14, 2015, Hawaii opened its doors for medical marijuana businesses. However, applications for would-be entrepreneurs were closed on January 29, 2016. Currently, the state has not indicated when they will accept new applications.
The regulations of this measure have provisions for:
- Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
- Medical Marijuana Growers
- Medical Marijuana Processors
What can I do right now?
To get ahead and be prepared for when the state re-opens the program, you should:
- Get our Starter Package to get an insider's detailed overview of what you need to do right now to get a massive head start on your business that no one tells you about.
How To Open a Dispensary in Hawaii
Until the state re-opens their program for licensing, these are the general steps to follow in setting up your dispensary business. Some of these can be taken care of now (business plan and incorporation), which would allow you to get a head-start on the process.
- Setup your Marijuana Business Corporate Structure.
- Create your Marijuana Dispensary Business Plan.
- Determine your potential location(s) and investigate whether licensing is possible in the prospective cities or counties.
Acquire the necessary licenses to operate your dispensary and be completely legal and compliant.
- Install the operational infrastructure to be in accordance with all regulations and then open your doors for business.
- Contract with cultivators and/or extraction/infused products manufacturers to grow and produce marijuana products for you, if you don't want to do it yourself.
How To Grow/Cultivate Marijuana Legally in Hawaii
Same as Dispensary steps, the only difference is that you will be contracting with dispensaries and/or extraction/infused products manufacturers to grow marijuana for them.
How To Start a Marijuana Infused Products or Marijuana Extractions Business In Hawaii
Same as Dispensary steps, the only difference is that you will be contracting with dispensaries to provide your products to customers as well as contract with cultivators to grow marijuana for you, if you don't want to do it yourself.
The latest marijuana industry news, laws, & frequently asked questions for Hawaii.