What marijuana/cannabis business can you start in Florida?
Under the new regulations, enacted on November 8, 2016, Florida opened its doors for additional ten (10) Medical Marijuana Treatment Centers (MMTC) -- entities that acquire, cultivate, possess, process (including development of related products such as food, tinctures, aerosols, oils, or ointments), transfer, transport, sell, distribute, dispense, or administer marijuana, products containing marijuana, related supplies, or educational materials to qualifying patients and caregivers.
However, the application period for would-be entrepreneurs is now closed and the state has not indicated when they will begin accepting new applications.
With this, Greenzipp will not be offering any assistance outside of business plans and form your company packages.
What can I do right now?
To get ahead and be prepared for when the state re-open for licensing marijuana businesses, you should:
- Read through the regulations and understand the application process and requirements.
- Get a 100% compliant marijuana company business plan right away. It is required for licensing and will help you understand the costs and profits of a business as well as help you acquire investment capital or get partners in place. See our Marijuana Company Business Plans page for details about our plans that fully meet the business plan requirements for applications.
Contact us when you have a budget in place and would like assistance with the application process.
How To Open Medical Marijuana Treatment Center in Florida?
The state will be opening the application period for Medical Marijuana Treatment Center sometime after July 2017. There are some things you can do right now to get ahead, though:
- Setup your Marijuana Business Corporate Structure.
- Create a compliant Business Plan. It's required for licensing and is great for potential investors/partners, too.
- Determine your potential location(s) and investigate whether your preferred city or county will be issuing licenses via one of our Support Packages.
Start working on the other licensing requirements (We don't assist with this due to limited number of licenses as set forth by the regulations).
The latest marijuana industry news, laws, & frequently asked questions for Florida.