What marijuana/cannabis businesses can you start in New Mexico?
When the state reopens it's program to applicants, it will have provisions for:
- Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
- Medical Marijuana Cultivators
- Medical Marijuana Product Manufacturers
- Medical Marijuana Delivery Services
- Medical Marijuana testing facilities
Currently, the state is not issuing marijuana business licenses. There is no indication of when it will open again for would-be entrepreneurs.
What can I do right now?
To get ahead and be prepared for when the state will start licensing marijuana businesses, you should:
- Get our starter package for insider details about what you need to know and do right now because there's a lot to prepare for when licensing opens up.
How To Open a Dispensary in New Mexico
The state allows potential business owners to open a marijuana dispensary in New Mexico. Whether this is possible or not will hinge entirely on the city and/or county of choice, as the state allows the local municipalities to ban or place moratoriums on whether to license marijuana retailers for operation or not.
- Grab our Starter Package to learn as much as possible, if you're at all unsure about your state, city and business details and steps to complete.
- Setup your Marijuana Business Corporate Structure.
- Create your Marijuana Retail Business Plan.
- Determine your potential location(s) and investigate whether licensing is possible in the prospective cities or counties.
Acquire the necessary licenses to operate your retail store and be completely legal and compliant.
- Install the operational infrastructure to be in accordance with all regulations and then open your doors for business.
- Contract with cultivators and/or edible/extraction/infused products manufacturers to grow and produce marijuana products for you, if you don't want to do it yourself.
How To Grow/Cultivate Marijuana Legally in New Mexico
Same as Retail Store steps, the only difference is that you will be contracting with dispensaries, delivery services and/or edible/extraction/infused products manufacturers to grow marijuana for them.
How To Start a Marijuana Delivery Service in New Mexico
Same as Retail Store steps, the only difference is that you will be contracting with cultivators and/or edible/extraction/infused product manufacturers to grow and produce marijuana products for you, if you don't want to do it yourself.
How To Start a Marijuana Edibles, Marijuana Infused Products or Marijuana Extractions Business In New Mexico
Same as Retail Store steps, the only difference is that you will be contracting with dispensaries and delivery services to provide your products to customers as well as contract with cultivators to grow marijuana for you, if you don't want to do it yourself.
The latest marijuana industry news, laws, & frequently asked questions for New Mexico.