What marijuana/cannabis businesses can you start in Missouri?
Under the new regulations, enacted as of November 6, 2018, Missouri opened its doors for medical marijuana businesses. The regulations of this measure have provisions for:
- Medical Marijuana Dispensary Facilities
- Medical Marijuana Cultivation Facilities
- Medical Marijuana-Infused Products Manufacturing Facilities
- Medical Marijuana Testing Facilities
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services will oversee the program and has established the below dates for the application process:
- Jan. 5, 2019 – Pre-filed application fees will be accepted.
- June 4, 2019 – Application forms and instructions made available.
- July 4, 2019 – Applications for identification cards will be accepted.
- Aug. 3, 2019 – Facility applications will be accepted.
Now, there’s a lot to do to prepare - see below for details.
Not Sure Where or How To Begin?
You need to be taking care of a bunch of critical pieces right now in order to be ready for when you can fully apply for licensing. Grab our Starter Package for insider details about everything you should be doing at this very moment so the opportunity won't pass you by.
What you need to do right now
How To Open a Marijuana Dispensary in Missouri
Read through our Starter Package to figure out what your city will require for licensing and the boatload of other to-do items to have in place prior to submitting your applications for licensing.
Setup your Marijuana Business Corporate Structure.
Create your Marijuana Dispensary Business Plan.
Acquire the necessary licenses (when available) to operate your retail store and be completely legal and compliant.
- Install the operational infrastructure to be in accordance with all regulations and then open your doors for business.
How To Grow/Cultivate Marijuana Legally in Missouri
Same as the above Marijuana Dispensary steps, the only difference is that you will be contracting with dispensaries and manufacturers to grow marijuana for them.
How To Start a Medical Marijuana-Infused Products Manufacturing Business In Missouri
Same as Retail Store steps, the only difference is that you will be contracting with dispensaries to provide your products to customers as well as contract with cultivators to grow marijuana for you, if you don't want to do it yourself.
The latest marijuana industry news, laws, & frequently asked questions for Missouri